Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Green March

The weather has been unusually cool which has kept my winter garden green and healthy. The only problem is that it is time (almost past-time) to plant my summer garden... tomatoes, corn, herbs, peppers, beans, onions, and squash. I might have to do some in pots and transplant? I'll have to come up with something!

Swiss Chard.

Notice how the spinach has filled in. I always plant an early flat-leaf variety when it comes to spinach. It is A LOT easier to clean.... definately worth it! And this stuff (along with the lettuces) is growing like crazy. It seems like it replenishes it's leaves the instant they are cut!

Spinach, romaine, kale, cilantro, carrots. We have eaten 5-6 carrots. Very sweet and crisp. I'll have to double check the variety I used this year and be sure to replant it next year. All the potted herbs died in the freeze.

The peas have been a disappointment! I don't know why... maybe it's been too cold but they have just not produced any good-looking peas! They are blossoming again so I still have hope! Maybe they are yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment